Regarding Storage Fees for Japan Inbound Shipments
Thank you for your continued trust and support to SF International.
In order to improve the quality and timeliness of customs clearance services for International Standard Express and International Economy Express shipments imported to Japan, SF International plans to collect import storage fees from 30th November 2020 for those shipments that are delayed in customs clearance due to customer reasons and detained in warehouses due to exceeding the specified rent-free period.
Customer reasons are as follows (including but not limited to):
- Incomplete/wrong sender/receiver information or description of declared product;
- Incomplete or invalid customs clearance documents;
- Inconsistent between declared value and actual value of the shipments;
- Infringement of intellectual property rights;
- Inspection and quarantine required by government departments.
If the shipments are detained by the customs due to the above customer reasons and the customs clearance is not completed within 5 calendar days after the flight arrival (excluding the day of flight arrival), SF International will calculate and collect storage fees from the 6th calendar day after the arrival of the shipments. Each piece of the shipments is charged at 600 Yen/Piece/Day.
For further questions, please contact our Customer Service at 0120-683-683 or 03-5781-1513, or chat with our Online Support on our website.